Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Love Smoke & Review of the Lorac Pro Palette

This is the second look in my Valentine's Day series. Below the cut quite picture heavy.

After the pictures is a review for the Lorac Pro Palette which is what was predominantly used in this look.

















What I used:

Eyes:
Outer V: Lorac Slate e/s
Lid: Lorac Champagne e/s
Crease: MAC Satin Taupe e/s
Brow Highlight: Lorac Cream e/s
Inner Corner Highlight: Lorac Nude e/s
Liner: MUFE Waterproof Aqua Eyes in Black set with Lorac Black e/s
Inner Liner on Bottom Lashline: EyeKandy Cosmetics Glitter in Confetti
Bases:
  Nars Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer (whole lid)
  Maybelline Color Tattoo in Audacious Asphalt (outer half of lid)
  MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study (inner half of lid/above crease to brow)
Maybelline Full n Soft Mascara in Very Black
Almay Get up and Grow Mascara in Black

Face:
L'oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation in Light Ivory
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy
Too Faced Candlelight Highlighting Duo
Wet n Wild Lipstick in E547B Breeze

And now the review:



So I did not do swatches on this because pretty much what you see in the pan is EXACTLY how it looks on the lid. The shadows are VERY soft and pigmented. You just need to tap your brush lightly on them and it picks up plenty of product. I have learned never to sweep my brushes across the colors or there is a lot of fallout I have to tap off and I find it wasteful. I think the palette retails at about $42 dollars and honestly it is a pretty good deal for a palette. All the top row are mattes and the bottom are shimmers. The only one I would classify as having "glitter" in its is the champagne but it is so pretty who cares.

I love this palette. I don't use nudes often but I do find myself reaching for it  frequently for random reason. Black is a good setting color for my eyeliner. Espresso is good for darkening a crease on natural looks. Cream is an EXACT match for my skin and is a GREAT brow highlight. Nude/Champagne work awesome for inner corner highlights etc. Gold is JUST like Amber Lights from MAC...it could be a DUPE. Slate has a slight blueish tone to it but is is beautiful.

The ONLY ones I am sort of on the fence about are the Garnet, Mauve and Taupe. Garnet is pretty but is has an orange-ish pull to it so it doesn't pair well with pinks which makes it harder to really blend for a nice deep red look.  Taupe is more just a light brown. It is not that real taupe color that I love in eye shadows that have a brownish/grey pull to them. It is ok but just nothing special to me.  Mauve is just a little lack luster to me. It is more chalky and just doesn't pair well with the rest of the palette.

Overall, I don't think you would regret buying this. It comes with a deluxe size primer which is not my favorite primer but still really good. I love most of these eye shadows and their staying power is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment