Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Deep Sea and Review of WnW Blue Had Me At Hello Palette













What I used:

Eyes:
(all lid was from Wet n Wild Blue Had Me at Hello Palette)
Outer V/Crease : Darkest Blue from the palette (it looks black but I assure you it's BLUE)
Mid Lid: Medium-Dark Blue in the palette
Lid: Aqua color in palette
Browbone highlight: MAC Orb e/s
Inner Corner: MUG Shimma Shimma e/s
Liner:
  Upper: Wet n Wild Liquid Eyeliner in 861 Matte Black topped with TKB Trading Glitter in Turquoise Tweak
  Lower:
    Outer: Urban Decay 24/7 liner pencil in Zero smudged out
    Inner: Silver from the WnW palette
Waterline: Urban Decay 24/7 Liner pencil in Zero set with the Darkest Blue from the WnW palette
Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara in Extreme Black
Nars Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded as Base over Primer

Face:
Garnier BB Cream in Light/Medium (sheered out with damp beauty blender as it is a little dark)
MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NC15
NYC Bronzer in Sunny
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy
MAC Porcelain Pink MSF as Highlight
MAC Cusp of Dawn Lipstick

Review:

Ok so first impression, I was skeptical. I did try the shadows out with a primer and they are nice for the most part. The lightest highlight color and the blacks, though, are useless to me. The white shimmer is just a glitter bomb that maybe if you were layering it on top of another shadow to lighten it and give it a little shimmer might work but the fallout is rough.  The blacks are VERY chalky and patchy. That being said the two blues, mermaid aqua lid color, light aqua and the silver are really nice. They are smooth, pigmented and have decent staying power with a good primer. Alone they fade faster but I never wear my eyeshadow without some sort of base. One note is they do tend to stain the skin a bit so you will need a good eye makeup remover or even soap to get it completely off.  For 3 bucks, I got my money worth and I am pretty happy with it. If there was a nicer highlight color it would all around be a good palette but you know me I have TONS of other eyeshadows that I can pull from to fill in that gap that the palette requires.


1 comment: